The accessible beaches in Cyprus
Despite the high tourist demand, Cyprus has made determined strides as far as access to people with disabilities at the beaches is concerned: 29 beaches have access to the sea (wooden ramps or plastic corridors) that allow the user of a wheelchair to move up to the sea, moreover in these beaches there are accessible sanitary and parking facilities. 4 of these beaches also have a self-contained access system for disabled people (Seatrac). Additionally, several beaches have a special wheelchair suitable to move out and in to the sea as it floats (Floating Wheelchair). It is worth noting that the use of the Seatrac system and the Floating Wheelchair is offered for free to the public. Relevant information is provided by local lifeguards on beaches. In details:
AMMOCHOSTOS (7 beaches)
Aghia Napa: Lanta (Floating Wheelchair), Pantachou (Floating Wheelchair), Vathia Gonia (Seatrac).
Sotira - Aghia Napa: Aghia Thekla (Floating Wheelchair).
Paralimni: Protaras /Fig Tree Beach (Floating Wheelchair), Louma (Floating Wheelchair), Vrisi C / Gianna Mari (Seatrac and Floating Wheelchair).
LARNAKA (8 beaches)
Larnaka: Finikoudes (Floating Wheelchair), Macenzy (Floating Wheelchair), Kastela (Floating Wheelchair).
Voroklini: Giannades (Floating Wheelchair).
Alaminos: Public Beach (Floating Wheelchair).
Ormidia: Public Beach (Floating Wheelchair).
Pila: Public Beach (Floating Wheelchair).
Pervolia: Faros (Floating Wheelchair).
LIMASSOL (6 beaches)
Limassol: Akti Olympon A (Seatrac AND Floating Wheelchair). Akti Olympon B΄ (Floating Wheelchair).
Pareklissia: Public Beach (Floating Wheelchair).
Germasogia : Dasoudi (Floating Wheelchair).
Aghios Tichonas: Vouppa (Floating Wheelchair), Katela (Floating Wheelchair).
Paphos (8 beaches)
Paphos: Vrisoudua A /Sodap (Floating Wheelchair), Municipal Baths (Elevator / Chair lift and Floating Wheelchair).
Geroskipou: Public Beach (Floating Wheelchair ) .
Peghia: Coral Bay (Floating Wheelchair).
Polis Chrisochous: Public Beach (Seatrac),
Neo Chorio : Latsi A (Floating Wheelchair ), Latsi B (Floating Wheelchair ), Ksistarokampos (Floating Wheelchair ).
BEACHES WITH PARTICULAR ACCESSIBILITY
The following 21 beaches are partially accessible, ie they provide accessibility via ramps or corridors that allow the wheelchair user to move up to a point on the beach but not up to the water. There are santitary and parking facilities for people with disabilities.
AMMOCHOSTOS (7 beaches)
Agia Napa: Island, Makronissos
Paralimni: Pernera, Vrysi A, Vrysi B, Agia Triada, Mouzoura.
LARNAKA (1 beach)
LIMASSOL (10 Beaches)
Pentakoma: Coast Governor.
Pyrgos: Aoratoi, Panayi.
Agios Tychonas: Venus, Onisilos, Agia Varvara.
St. Athanasius: Miami.
Pissouri: Community Beach of
PAFOS: (3 beaches)
Paphos: Faros, Pachyammos.
- Municipality of Athens fielded ramp in Unknown Soldier Monument
- The Tactual Museum of Greece
- The accessible beaches in Cyprus
- The first café with Braille menu in Trikala
- Waterpark for people with disabilities
- Actions in order to improve the access for disabled people in Fanari beach
- Seatrack at Plakes in Katakolo Beach
- Crete: An Acceessible Destination
- Kartero in Heraklion has its own SEATRACK
- What about Paracanoe in Greece?
- Loutraki: SEATRACK at Neraida Beach
- Seatrac are place at Kalamata beach in order to provide help to people with mobility limitations
- Accessible Beaches in Pieria
- The redevelopment of Aghia Triada coastline is implemented
- 104 ramps in the center of Glyfada
- Principles of Athens are going to provide two beaches with equipment for disabled people
- The first white taxi for Disabled People in Serres
- European Award for SEATRAC
- CTO (Cyprus Tourism Organisation) coordinates plans for accessible tourism in Cyprus
- Tourism for all
- Automatic access system for people with disabilities in Perissa beach in Santorini
- Facilities for disabled in Glyfada Beach
- Anastasi beach in Kalamata is now accessible to the disabled
- Τhe European Network for Accessible Tourism
- Disabled.GR: Τα πάντα επί πάσης Παραπληγίας και Τετραπληγίας
- Accessible Beaches in Propontida (Chalkidiki)
- New Acceessible Beach: Myrodato Beach - Xanthi
- The accessible beahes in Cyprus
- Ramps for disabled in several beaches in Kalamata
- Seatrack System in Pieria
- Ayia Napa - Rethymnon: Ayia Napa - Rethymnon: Entirely Accessible Cities
- Facilities for disabled in Attica
- Telonio: A new accessible beach in Ierapetra (Crete)
- Tourism for all 2015 - 2016 : Beneficiaries
- Folklore - Historical Museum of Larissa is now opened to the public
- Eria Resort
- Saily Beach
- Hotel Alexander
- Xenia Palace Portarias Hotel
- Ariti Hotel Corfu
- Almira Hotel
- Airotel Alexandros Hotel
- Papadopoulion House of Hospitality
- Sirens Resort Loutraki
- Alkyon Resort Hotel & SPA
- Capsis Hotel Thessaloniki
- Aeraki Naxos
- Corfu Mare Hotel